[MPlayer-users] not sure why .mov not supported

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Feb 18 13:53:39 CET 2007

On Sunday, 18 February 2007 at 02:40, Tom Poe wrote:
> ]$ qtinfo done.mov
> quicktime_decode_video_stub called
>
> File done.mov:
>
> Type: AVI
  ^^^^^^^^^
> 1 audio tracks.
>   2 channels, 16 bits, sample rate 44100, length 3678528 samples,
> wav_id 0x01.    Sample format: 16 bit signed.
>   Channel setup: Not available
>   supported.
> 1 video tracks.
>   322x234, depth 24
>   rate 1.000000 [5:5] not constant
>   length 85 frames
>   compressor FMP4.
>   Native colormodel:  (null)
>   Interlace mode:     None (Progressive)
>   NOT supported.
> quicktime_delete_vcodec_stub called
>
> I ran the following command to create .mov from images
> $ mencoder -v mf://*.png -mf fps=1 -oac copy -audiofile
> Open_Studios_theme.ogg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1000
> -ofps 5 -o done.mov

What makes you think you created a MOV file? The above command created an
AVI file with MPEG-4 ASP video and Ogg audio. The fact that you named it
done.mov doesn't make it a MOV file. MEncoder warns about that. FFmpeg
shows you that. Additionally, the file is broken, because AFAIR there's no
standard way to store Ogg in AVI.

Regards,
R.

--