[MPlayer-users] Re: Bttv and YV12

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Sat Feb 17 19:26:57 CET 2007

Levente Novák wrote:
> After searching a while on the net, I am quite confused now: is YV12
> capture still broken (YUV 4:2:0 chroma interlacing bug) with bttv or
> not? If yes, is there a patch to bttv which is able to correct this
> misbehaviour?

There is a hardware limitation, for YV12 bttv has to skip chroma
lines, so even if the chroma interlacing were fixed (don't know
about that one), you'd still get better results with capturing YUY2
and downsampling it to YV12 using the software scaler...

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de
このメールは十割再利用されたビットで作られています。