[MPlayer-users] Binary codecs package for Linux ARM

Farid Azhar farid_azhar at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 07:04:27 CET 2007

Hi,

Is there any binary codecs package for Linux ARM? or how do I use following
codecs on ARM9: RV30/40 [drvc.so], RV40 [drv4.so.6.0], RV30 [drv3.so.6.0],
RV20 [drv2.so.6.0] ?

I cross-compiled MPlayer for ARM9 on a x86 machine and when tried to run
MPlayer on ARM9 platform (decoding realmedia stream), it couldn't open
realvideo codes in /usr/local/lib/codecs/ directory? even though all codec
files are there.

I got following error....
  :
  :
VIDEO:  [RV40]  320x240  24bpp  25.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
Error: /usr/local/lib/codecs/drvc.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.so.
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
:

Audio output works OK with [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders

Any help is greatly appreciated.

/Farid