[MPlayer-users] Possible serious problem in mplayer with changing dvd drive speed

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:28:12 CET 2007

I noticed mplayer can set the dvd drive speed using -dvd-speed. The man
page says that it will reset the dvd drive speed to normal on exit.
What if mplayer crashes or is given a kill -9? Will it still set it
back? I do not myself know how to manually change drive speeds so I am
worried that if I might use this option (or someone even less
experienced with mplayer using this option) then the dvd drive speed
will get stuck at some value.

Ergzay