[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer : Your system is too SLOW to play this!

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Wed Feb 7 14:00:01 CET 2007

> Hi Sebastian,
>
>> Depending on your machine the x11 driver should be fast enough to play
>> a  dvd anyway.
>
> I've fixed the slow video playback issue after finding Solaris 10 x86
> video drivers at http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
>
> Once I installed these and ran nvidia-settings, the playback was much
> improved.

> After installing the drivers, fullscreen mode played the video inside a
>  black framed box, and to get full screen, I used
> % gmplayer -zoom -x 2 -y 2
> and then set the aspect to 4:3.

Believe me, you still want to get Xv output driver. This will improve
performance even more, especially because you won't have to workaround the
fullscreen issue with -zoom (software scaling, slow).

> All that's left now is to find ac3 audio support.

> audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (5.1) language: en aid: 128.
> audio stream: 1 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 129.
> audio stream: 2 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 130.
> audio stream: 3 format: dts (5.1/6.1) language: en aid: 139.
> number of audio channels on disk: 4.
> Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
> Cannot find codec 'dts' in libavcodec...
> ADecoder init failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Opening audio decoder: [hwac3] AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF
> No accelerated IMDCT transform found
> hwac3: switched to DTS, 768000 bps, 48000 Hz
> AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, ac3, 768.0 kbit/50.00% (ratio: 96000->192000)
> Selected audio codec: [hwdts] afm: hwac3 (DTS through S/PDIF)
> ao2: 48000 Hz  2 chans  ac3 [0x100]
> AO: [sun] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
> [format] Sample format big-endian AC3 not yet supported
> [libaf] Reinitialization did not work, audio filter 'format' returned
> error  code -2
> Couldn't find matching filter/ao format!

Hm, dunno about problems with ac3 on solaris. But since the script you
posted in this other mail appears to work you probably only have to choose
an ac3 stream directly with -aid. Either that or switch audio tracks
during playback with the '#' key.