[MPlayer-users] ice1712 "alsa-control: unable to find simple control 'PCM', 0" GMplayer issue

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Feb 6 13:09:20 CET 2007

Kyle Zwarich wrote:

> Hello all! First post by me to the ML> Forgive redundancies as
> searching Google for hours on end to find a solution to this problem
> leaves me with no hair and high rage levels. The more search terms
> the better IMO.
>
> Problem is with a rapidly flashing error dialog: alsa-control: unable
> to find simple control 'PCM',0
>
> Running 6.06 Dapper Ubuntu, with Mplayer version MPlayer
> 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-0ubuntu8

Just as a first warning: versions other than the latest SVN development
code (or, in some cases, the latest official release - which is
currently 1.0rc1) are not supported here, and third-party packaged
versions are not supported here either.

It is possible that someone will recognize and be able to answer your
question, but particularly given that pre7try2 is *ancient* now, odds
are that you will at best be ignored unless you can confirm that your
problem still occurs with a version of MPlayer which you compiled
yourself from the latest SVN source tree.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.