[MPlayer-users] [Bug_Report - Crash] Segfault in module: decode_audio

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Feb 4 19:49:23 CET 2007

Vincent Gerard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since some versions, Mplayer segfault sometimes during the play,i
> have not reported this bug before because it occurs very rarely.
>
> I have found a file where this crash occurs more often , i think can
> reproduce the Crash quite easily if you need some additionnal
> information.
>
> This is my first bug-report for mplayer, sorry if it doesn't respect
> the "standard model"

Actually, this is quite a good bug report, except for two points.

First: you did not include the MPlayer command line you used, or the
(rather extensive) text which MPlayer outputs in the console. Both of
these are required for a fully-qualified bug report.

> MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.1

Second: this is not the latest development version, obtained via SVN.
There is an excellent chance that the crash you are seeing has already
been fixed since the release of 1.0rc1. For that reason, bug reports are
requested to be made only against the latest development version.

Please compile the latest SVN version and see if your problem still
occurs.If so, a bug report (following the guidelines of
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html) would be welcome.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.