[MPlayer-users] problems with dvdnav

vdmsss vdm_sss at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 14:03:18 CET 2007

On 28 Dec 2007, at 21:30, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> read my previous message: the first / is read in the hostname part

Nico, clearly what the man says at the moment is wrong:

> mplayer [dvd|dvdnav]://[title|[start_title]-end_title] [options]

but what exactly exactly is the syntax? And what does hostname mean?
If I run

	mplayer dvdnav://localhost/dev/rdisk1

I get an error "hostname must be an integer"; and if I run

	mplayer dvdnav://1/dev/rdisk1

(or apparently any other number) I get again "Can't stat dev/rdisk1.
No such file or directory". But if I run

	mplayer dvdnav://1//dev/rdisk1

(notice the double / twice) it works, and it's clear that hostname
means title.

Best