[MPlayer-users] 16:9 > 4:3 ??

Ant Lamp ant.lamp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 23:38:32 CET 2007

This is the job of -vf crop, as RC mentioned; you can read in the man
page, and having read about it you can experiment and learn what works
in your situation..

I tried the -vf crop, as in something like

mplayer dvd://1 -vf crop=710:340:15:80

however, this only seems to cut the edges of the video off, not actually
"Stretch" the video, ... so in the case of a letterboxed movie, I want
to play around with it, and make it taller.... for instance.... even if
it distorts the video, I have some xperimentation I want to try.  Can
this type of effect be done?  Maybe I am confused on the syntax or
didn't fully explain myself, ... if so, I am sorry. :(  I do appreciate
the insights & assistance.  Thank you!  Happy holidays. :)