[MPlayer-users] "MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header." when playing EVO files from Transformers HD-DVD

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 18:08:44 CET 2007

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried playing the decrypted EVO files on the Transformers HD-DVD.
> One or two play fine - e.g. the Dreamworks logo kind of plays OK
> (lots of errors, but it still manages to play).
>
> Most however do not, saying what I put in the subject above: "FATAL:
> EOF while searching for sequence header"
>
> If you guys want to have a look at it, I've put one of the smaller
> files from HD DVD, the menu looping video, on rapidshare for you to
> download and examine.  The bigger files, including trailers, almost
> all behave the same, giving EOF errors.
>
> Here's the link.  Note this is only the menu loop - I hope it doesn't
> count as a violation of the mailing list rules, or at least not to
> the point where it would be taken into account - it's only a menu
> loop, I don't think anybody's not going to buy the HD-DVD if they
> manage to get their hands on this.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/78968776/MENULOOP.EVO.html

It's not a violation of the mailing-list rules to post it, but none of
the developers are going to look at it if they have to get it from a
site like rapidshare. If you want it to be publicly accessible, put it
somewhere where it can be downloaded via a direct URL (e.g. with a
command line like 'wget http://server.domain.tld/path/to/filename'); if
you want the developers to look at it, upload it to
'upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming' via FTP.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.