[MPlayer-users] "MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header." when playing EVO files from Transformers HD-DVD

Asfand Yar Qazi ayqazi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 16:14:43 CET 2007

Hi,

I tried playing the decrypted EVO files on the Transformers HD-DVD.
One or two play fine - e.g. the Dreamworks logo kind of plays OK (lots
of errors, but it still manages to play).

Most however do not, saying what I put in the subject above: "FATAL:
EOF while searching for sequence header"

If you guys want to have a look at it, I've put one of the smaller
files from HD DVD, the menu looping video, on rapidshare for you to
download and examine.  The bigger files, including trailers, almost
all behave the same, giving EOF errors.

Here's the link.  Note this is only the menu loop - I hope it doesn't
count as a violation of the mailing list rules, or at least not to the
point where it would be taken into account - it's only a menu loop, I
don't think anybody's not going to buy the HD-DVD if they manage to
get their hands on this.

http://rapidshare.com/files/78968776/MENULOOP.EVO.html

Thanks