[MPlayer-users] MPlayer & RAM files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 23 13:06:03 CET 2007

Hi!

Steve Waller <qprfact <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Hi Carl. Sorry to be coming back again, but I am struggling a little here! I
> see what you mean about an old version of mplayer being on my machine, so
> I went to my Applications folder and duly removed Mplayer.

That is never necessary: Just run your newly compiled mplayer from the directory
where it was compiled.
I fear you didn't compile mplayer until now, but just downloaded the source: On
this list, you are expected to compile MPlayer yourself and this will solve your
problem immediately.
Short compilation guide (IIRC, you need XCode installed):
./configure
make
./mplayer rtsp://...

Long guide: Read the documentation.