[MPlayer-users] compile issue, can someone please help?

Ant Lamp ant.lamp at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 03:06:04 CET 2007

Hello, I successfully created a mplayer executable, using stock RC2 with no additional packages.  It runs just fine on a older machine, circa 2005 on Windows XP, 1GB memory and stock motherboard video-output. The video monitor is a older CRT - nothing special.

When I transfer this over to a newer machine, a AMD 64, Windows XP, 1GB, stock mother board video output, with a larger 16:9 LCD monito, the machine crashes. I know MPLAYER will work on this machine because I've downloaded other compiled versions of RC2 that seem to work fine.

In each and all instances here I am just trying to run a DVD, with no extra command line switches.

What may I be missing in my build that would prohibit this to run on the newer machine? :)

Thank you in advance for ideas. Best regards, Ant Lamp