[MPlayer-users] My question of the hour, does anyone know source inside out?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Dec 22 13:59:25 CET 2007

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hello, On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 07:36:49PM -0800, Sara Glade wrote:
>
>>> Windows doesn't work that way...  When a program outputs text on
>>> the "console" a CMD.exe prompt is automatically spawned, and
>>> exits when the program does.  You can't change that behavior.
>>> -idle will probably work well enough...
>>
>> I am working on merging the this feature into the RC2 build out
>> there... unless I am mistaken, -idle is not part of RC2, or no?

-idle was added Quite Some Time Ago. It may even be part of the releases
from before the 1.0* series; it is certainly there in all of those.

>> This is the command I am issuing.... it doesn't seem to reject
>> -idle, however, the Window that spawns the rendered video still
>> closes upon completion of the video playing.
>
> If -idle is accepted that means it is supported.
>
> The video window is not supposed to stay there, that is the way it
> works, though with -fixed-vo it most likely will stay there (could be
> considered a bug),

...eh?

I thought that the entire purpose of '-idle' was to keep the window
there (with MPlayer running to support it) after playback finished. (I
think I got this impression from the original request/discussion which
led to '-idle' being added, since IIRC that behaviour was part of that
original request.) Are you saying that that is not the case?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.