[MPlayer-users] mplayer error: Error while decoding frame!

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 21 13:31:06 CET 2007

Hi!

Chang,Yi-Wen <chang.yiwen <at> tw.panasonic.com> writes:

> >Could you comment on that report?
>
> If I can, I will.

I asked Ross Finlayson, the maintainer of live555 for comments - sorry if that
wasn't clear.

> Another question:
> When RTSP server repests to send video stream for many times,
> MPlayer sometimes plays one time, two time or more and then stops and be
> terminated.
>
> I want to ask whether MPlayer would be terminated when the last frame of a
> video stream is received
> and the first frame of the video (repeat to be played) is not received yet?

MPlayer terminates if it doesn't receive data for 10 seconds. It is easy to
change this back to the original behaviour (do not terminate, but wait for
data), but that basically means mplayer won't terminate ever.

Carl Eugen