[MPlayer-users] I have problem with vam file of my IP camera

aditya andhalikar aditya.andhalikar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:21:23 CET 2007

Hi,
I am doing a project using DCS5300g ip camera. We are basically building a
web based suerveillance system (with many cameras).We want to provide 24 hrs
archiving . It seems that the camera has a video stream of vam file. and I
guess it is compressed/decompressed using .cab file.
Now for archiving the main problem is:-

1)How to download this .vam file preferrably in an SQL database or in sme
folder? Does any bdy knw if we can use ftp protocol to try download the file
. plz recmmnd smthng

2)and once downloaded how to get this file to play USING my application
only. so basicallly got to figure out  encoder/ decoder to get it to play in
an MPEG4 format. I dnt knw if .vam file already is in mpeg4 format.

3) Also when trying the archiving provided by DLINK it stores in .hgd file I
cldnt find mch details of it either.

plz guide me in this
thank u