[MPlayer-users] archivemedia.publicradio.org streams using player.swf

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 03:12:35 CET 2007

Marshall <KerwoodDerby <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'd been using mplayer to save the streams from the Pipedreams
> broadast from American Public Media so I could listen to them on
> my MP3 player, but recently they've switched to a strictly-web-based

> http://pipedreams.publicradio.org/listings/2007/0749
> Has anyone else seen this, and can mplayer still be used to capture
> the stream?

sometimes swf can call rtmp streams, sometimes its just calling http mp3 files.
in your case its an rtmp stream

rtmpt://archivemedia.publicradio.org:80/music/ondemand/pipedreams/2007/12/
03_0749part1_128

used a simple packet sniffer (urlsnooper) to find that url.
mplayer currently does not have rtmp support.
the gnash and curl project should be getting rtmp support soon.

try http://stream-recorder.com/forum/
or http://all-streaming-media.com
for more information on how to save streams

-compn