[MPlayer-users] Problem with DTS passthrough (audio out of sync)

Chris Carton ctcarton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:09:08 CET 2007

I've got an mkv file with dts audio.  When I enable dts passthough I get the
audio but it is really out of sync.  The audio is much faster than the
video.  When I don't use passthrough (without -afm hwac3) then I get normal
stereo that is properly in sync.

The same file plays fine in windows media player with cccp and AC3Filter.
DTS comes though and is not out of sync.  Also, it isn't just this one
file.  I've got a bunch of 720p mkv files with dts audio and they all have
the exact same problem, but all play fine in WMP.

I'm using an svn build from about a week ago.

Anyone know what's happening?