[MPlayer-users] mplayer error: Error while decoding frame!

Chang,Yi-Wen chang.yiwen at tw.panasonic.com
Mon Dec 17 08:45:13 CET 2007

Hi,

Thank you for you response.

>>   # mplayer rtsp://10.90.8.104:8888/testStream -fps 30

>>   FPS forced to be 30.000  (ftime: 0.033).
>>   Starting playback...
>>  [h264 @ 0x889e8b0]sps_id (-1) out of range
>>   [h264 @ 0x889e8b0]non existing PPS referenced
>>   [h264 @ 0x889e8b0]decode_slice_header error
>>   [h264 @ 0x889e8b0]no frame!
>>   Error while decoding frame!

>If you want me to debug this stream, it will be necessary to make it available
>via internet.
>As an alternative, you could try libnemesi (and please report if it works).

Before trying libnemesi , we want to clarify the problem results from
1. h264 frame processing in our designed streaming server (written in live555),
2. transcoder (our source comes from a h.264 transcoder) or
3. mplayer.

About 2, because we have tried to save received frames into a file and play the file OK in stream receiver,
it seems not transcoder's fault.

About 1, first we want to compare the frame content in sender with the frame content received by mplayer.

But, I use the command :

# mplayer rtsp://10.90.8.104:8888/testStream -fps 30 -dumpstream -dumpfile dump.264

The error message is shown: "Cannot dump this stream - no file descriptor available."

What does the error message mean?? How to save stream into a file in mplayer?

Thanks.