[MPlayer-users] Compiling on msys

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Mon Dec 17 00:43:42 CET 2007

I haven't built myself a new MPlayer/MEncoder for a while. I wanted to
encode using lavc's libx264  (for an iTouch).

I have a build environment that is based on mysys 1.0.10 (which seems to
still be the current).

Having done an svn up && make distclean && ./configure (with a usual set of
options for my build environment) I found that the build stopped at
stream\stream_dvd.c with compile errors saying that libgen.h could not be
found (sorry, I don't have all the compiler output available any more).

I had to comment the #include <libgen.h> out (in other files its within an
#if fefined(__linux__) clause) and create basename and dirname functions.

I don't remember seeing comments about this issue on this mailing list so
I'm just wondering if its new or something in my build environment.

--
Mark Himsley