[MPlayer-users] MPlayer blank after resuming from suspend

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Dec 15 10:12:30 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 02:05:22AM -0500, Thomas Ruedas wrote:
> On Friday 14 December 2007 20:56, RC wrote:
> > > At first, the resulting movie showed flawlessly when I viewed it with
> > > MPlayer, but after having suspended my laptop overnight to disk and
> > > resumed today, the MPlayer window is empty.
> > As a workaround, you can try x11 or gl output instead.  -vo x11 will be
> > very slow, and '-vo gl -dr' may or may not be.
> Just -vo gl turns out to work fine, the additional -dr results in a totally
> distorted image; thanks a lot for the hint. I didn't have time yet to try
> with other players which I haven't installed.

just gl is likely to be quite slow. You should try if you can use any of
the -vo gl:yuv=... suboptions.
I can also have a look at the -dr problem, it is not a known problem to
me. I'd need at least the full mplayer output (that would indicate if
maybe your card just does not support PixelBuffers, but the mplayer
normally would crash) and if possible a screenshot of the bad image
if you want me to have a look at it.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger