[MPlayer-users] Possible bug in wav channel order playback

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 01:30:05 CET 2007

2007/12/14, Shane <shane-mplayer at csy.ca>:
> Hello,
>
> Problem confirmed in latest SVN (r25386).  MLP encoded to
> wav via ffmpeg, wav channel order is l/r/c/lfe/lb/rb as is
> normal for wav is ordered incorrectly by mplayer.  The same
> file encoded to flac plays correctly with mplayer.
>
> Samples (20 seconds)
> http://iweb1.csy.ca/~shane/mp01.wav
> http://iweb1.csy.ca/~shane/mp01.flac

There's order problem of ffmpeg pcm(wav), but it's related with how
you use mplayer or mencoder.
So my question is, are you encode some file directly using ffmpeg? If
so, I can tell ffmpeg does do channel reordering like currently
mplayer did.
The channel reordering fix is only for play correct ordered file with
mplayer or encoding with mencoder to get correct ordered file.

Or if you did some encoding or decoding by mplayer or mencoder, can
you supply the command line you used?

--
Ulion