[MPlayer-users] VOB Seek Issue

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 00:55:03 CET 2007

> Forward,....
> Can someone seriously take this challenge germane to my original question?
>
> Here is what I have (to recap)
>
> Ok, if I use dumpstream to create a VOB, ... it creates a 4+ GB file from my movies.
>
> Like: outputtedfile.vob (4.2 GB single file)
>
> Ok, the problem is, when I try to play it using Mplayer, like: mplayer outputtedfile.vob .... the "Seek Backward" function does not work. :( :( :( Why is this? Is there some way, --anyway--- to make VOB file so that such VOB file retains its rewind capability?
> :)
> anyone know?

Are you saying that you can seek forward, but not backward?

Anyway, it is possible that your MPlayer was not built with large
file support. You can apply the following patch to your MinGW
header.

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/misc/file64_mingw.diff

Save the diff file in your mingw/include directory. Start  MSYS,
go to /mingw/include and type:

patch -i file64_mingw.diff

Go to your MPlayer source directory, 'make clean', then make
to re-build MPlayer.

OR you can download a pre-built binary at the same site
(http://oss.netfarm.it/).