[MPlayer-users] dumpstream with some DVD: infinite loop?

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed Dec 12 20:58:24 CET 2007

Matt Garman wrote:
> I like to pull the main feature off DVDs, usually using something
> like this:
>
>     mplayer dvd://1 -dumpstream -dumpfile dumpfile.vob
>
> This generally works perfectly.
>
> However, on occassion, this process does not complete on its own; it
> runs either until the hard drive is full, or the process is killed
> manually.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm guessing it's a
> peculiarity of the way the DVD was mastered.  Any workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
I had this once when dumping a DVD with dvdnav:// (about two years ago,
dvdnav since did not behave like it anymore), but never occured with dvd://

Though AFAIK one really can master the titleset in order to get an
endless loop and filling up the hard disk, but I did not encounter such
a DVD.

Does playing the title instead of dumping it work?

--
cheers,
Alex