[MPlayer-users] OSD does not work

Nan Null hovh03 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 22:33:33 CET 2007

Hi, I run mplayer as a slave mode in Linux.  The mplayer binary was from using "smart" program (I didn't build it).

When I send:

osd 2 <enter>

I see a triangle pointing to the right on mplayer window.  Do a "osd 0" would make it goes away.

Using http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt, send a text:

osd_show_text "test" 10000 2
I don't see any "test" for 10 seconds or any seconds at all.

What's going on?  Do I have to set up some kind of OSD font, or compile mplayer with OSD support?
Is there a way to check to see if my version supports OSD or not?

Thanks.