[MPlayer-users] low motion / dark scenes with macroblock artifacts

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 02:09:31 CET 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 09:45:19 -0800 (PST)
Steven Miller <stevenraymillerjr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I posted last week asking for a brief description of
> what causes these artifacts, and ways to deal with
> them. No one took a swing at it.

You asked for someone to basically read the HTML docs to you, as well as
explaining the full theory of lossy video encoding.  I'm not surprised
nobody jumped at the chanced.

You'll have much better luck if you ask a specific question, as opposed
to "Explain everything to me".  It might also help if you preserve
threading in the future.