[MPlayer-users] slightly OT - converting divx files

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 29 21:37:06 CEST 2007

Hello all

I have been experiencing problems when converting divx files to dvd.  The
problem seems to be the divx files are usually encoded with a frame fate of
23.9 but I try to set them to 25fps to watch on a pal dvd.  The conversion
process makes the dvd freeze slightly every now and again on playback.  What
is the correct way to do this type of conversion to ensure smooth playback
on dvd/tv.

Thanks in advance for any feedback..

I must admit that for the conversion process I usually use ffmpeg.

Dan