[MPlayer-users] Problems with reading stream from AXIS 210 Webcam

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 23:40:59 CEST 2007

Johann Horvat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> We have an AXIS 210 Webcam, it is configured to stream a MPEG4 with 320x200,
> Video Object type=Simple (H.263), NO AUDIO!
>
> here is my output:
>
> johann at vr-dev:~$ mplayer rtsp://192.168.0.2:554/mpeg4/media.amp -v -vo png -nosound
> MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.2-DFSG-free (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

For one thing, you're reporting problems here when you are running
something far behind the latest (development) version. For another
thing, you are reporting problems here with a version which was packaged
by other people rather than one which you compiled yourself.

These can be overlooked at times for ordinary usage help, but problem
reports are another matter, and...

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
>    Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
>    disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>    It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>    gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>    DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
>    won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

...bug reports - particularly including crash reports - are something
else entirely.

As the message says, you need to read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and
follow the instructions, or we probably cannot and almost certainly will
not help.

I'm not sure whether or not those instructions state this, but you also
need to be running the latest development version, preferably a copy
which you compiled yourself. Given how long it has been since the
release of the version you are running, it is very much possible that
the problem you are seeing has already been fixed.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.