[MPlayer-users] xv-fs doesn't take up all the available screen size

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Tue Aug 28 09:29:37 CEST 2007

Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> ext Phil Oleynik wrote:
>
>> Post xvinfo output here, so we can rule out hardware and xv subsystem as
>> source of bug.
>>

> Hi Phil, I finally have the logs! Here's xvinfo's output:

Hello,

Thank you for logs, there is a line:

maximum XvImage size: 1920 x 1088

This means, your xv system is all right.
Mplayer then detects everything correctly:

vo: X11 running at 1360x768 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
[x11] Detected wm supports NetWM.
[x11] Detected wm supports FULLSCREEN state.
[x11] Detected wm supports ABOVE state.
[x11] Detected wm supports BELOW state.
[x11] Current fstype setting honours FULLSCREEN ABOVE BELOW X atoms
Disabling DPMS
DPMSDisable stat: 1
[xv common] Drawing no colorkey.
[xv common] Maximum source image dimensions: 1920x1080

Since we can say that it is not xv issue, some other recommendations:

First I would try to use -vo xv:port=89, it offers much more capabilities.
Then, please upgrade to the latest SVN, your mplayer is kind of a dinosaur.
After this, you may try -noslices option, that possibly resolves some
video issues (but I have never seen wrong scaling, it might be not useful)

best regards, Phil