[MPlayer-users] how to make mplayer play local SDP file

hong liu l1436636 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 22:06:51 CEST 2007

I have created a h264 file in mp4 format called test.mp4 and also generated its sdp file called test.sdp
using MP4Box. I put the test.mp4 file on a rstp server and the test.sdp file on another machine installed
with a mplayer of new version. I intend to use mplayer to play this local sdp file using the command
"mplayer sdp://test.mp4", it would work properly. the message is list as follows:

MPlayer dev-SVN-r24045-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 6)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Playing sdp://foreman_qcif.sdp.
 file format detected.

Exiting... (End of file)

I am wondering if the sdp is required to put on the server side, not the client side. If yes, where is it put?
Or do I use the wrong mplayer  command?

Your help is highly appreciated!