[MPlayer-users] Switching audio stream while playing?

Munzuk munzuk at ono.com
Sat Aug 18 13:20:02 CEST 2007

El Sábado, 18 de Agosto de 2007, Harald Linden escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Zenslack on a t-Online S100. It's basically a customized
> Slackware with MMSv2 (a htpc frontend) running on top of it. MPlayer is
> used for playing videos.
>
> Question: Is there any way to switch the audio stream (e.g. when playing a
> multi language avi) in a running mplayer?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Harald

I thinks the answer is "no".

Here is a post of someone who tried to do it some years ago
http://www.itdp.de/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-04/msg00001.html

Also I vaguely remember have read about something external to mplayer which
which needs to be fixed to make mplayer able to switch audio, can't remember
it very well.

If that Zenslacthing u're talking about allow you to modify it, one solution I
found is to launch mplayer witch -v option, read the available audio ids (it
sais 'Found audio stream...' (well, depends on avi/ogm/mkv...)) and then
restart it with different aid (actual position can be stored too to start it
on in the same pos where u wanted to change aid)