[MPlayer-users] no main audio channel

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:09:36 CEST 2007

On Saturday 11 August 2007 23:53 Corey Hickey wrote:

> That sounds to me like you're hearing a multi-channel audio track on two
> speakers without any downmixing. I suspect somewhere in your config file
> is a line that says "channels=6" (or similar). Remove it.

Yes, indeed it solved the problem, but I actually do have a 5.1 speaker system
from logitech and I really do not prefer to downmix. Now, do you think it is
the soundcard driver that fails to distribute channels to the appropriate
speakers? I use an onboard Intel sound card which uses snd-hda-intel kernel
module and driver. I understand that this is a bit out of scope for this list
but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hakan