[MPlayer-users] Segfault core dump over innocently missing GLX

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 13:00:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/5/07, debcoder at trashymail.com <debcoder at trashymail.com> wrote:
> Bug report on a segfault core dump.  Missing GLX support is not handled
> gracefully.  (Regardless of GLX, mplayer should play audio.)  MPlayer
> 1.0~rc1-14 from Debian unstable (roughly, Etch++).  Sorry I do not have
> time to test your subversion.
>
> VLC has the same bug, described here:
> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39658
>
> My xorg.conf disables GLX completely, on purpose, to make nVidia work.
>
> The MPlayer bug is identical.  The only difference is the stack trace.
>
> (no debugging symbols found)
> Core was generated by `mplayer'.
> #0  0x40fdb770 in ?? ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x40fdb770 in ?? ()
> #1  0xb6f59767 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2  0xb7084a4c in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #3  0xb6f5a340 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #4  0xbfec4c00 in ?? ()
> #5  0xb7f4b660 in _r_debug ()
> #6  0x0806f10d in ?? ()
> #7  0x0869519c in ?? ()
> #8  0xbfec4bbc in ?? ()
> #9  0xbfec5858 in ?? ()
> #10 0x00000000 in ?? ()

This bug report is worthless, you need to have MPlayer compiled with
debug symbols if you wanna have a readable backtrace.

All this is well covered in the bug reporting section of our
documentation. Please refer to it.

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte