[MPlayer-users] How to force SSA subtitles size to constant one ?

Παναγιώτης Κατσαλούλ Παναγιώτης Κατσαλούλ
Sun Aug 5 01:11:53 CEST 2007

On 04 Αυγ 2007, at 11:27 ΜΜ, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:

> On Saturday 04 August 2007, Παναγιώτης
> Κατσαλούλης wrote:
>>
>> So, the only way to set a font to a fixed size is to do something
>> like:
>> -ass-font-scale (PlayResY/video height)
>
> No, -ass-font-scale multiplies all font sizes by a fixed amount.
> Different
> styles will look differently. What you meant is probably -ass-force-
> style
> FontSize=(desired size * PlayResY / video height).

Well, if I just want to keep the "original" font size, i.e. the one
described in the ssa/ass file (and not a constant size all over) ,
then it is better to use -ass-font-scale instead of -ass-force-style
- right?

Moreover, if the PlayResY is not defined, I have seen this message:
[ass] PlayResX undefined, setting 917.
Is this a constant number? Or is it somewhat calculated?