[MPlayer-users] How to force SSA subtitles size to constant one ?

Thu Aug 2 20:21:19 CEST 2007

Hi Evgeniy Stepanov!

 On 2007.08.02 at 21:37:09 +0400, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote next:

> SSA/ASS subtitles are scaled proportional to movie height, so with these two
> movies their size (in pixels) should be identical. If you have a sample where
> they aren't, send it.

Is there any way to make them proportional to movie width? IMHO it's
much more logical, never understood why somebody would want to scale
subtitles with movie height. I mean, it's so natural to have exactly the
same subtitles of the same size both in 640x480 and 640x288 videos and
different scaling coefficients for 640x288 vs. 352x288 videos. When
scaling is proportional to movie height, these examples look bad in
comparison.

--

Vladimir