[MPlayer-users] How to force SSA subtitles size to constant one ?

Sasza warpme at o2.pl
Wed Aug 1 22:17:59 CEST 2007

Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Warpme wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have problems with different subtitle styles in .mkv files.
>> I understand SSA subtitles embedded in matroskha container has also
>> embedded presentation style - so when I have .mkv files with the same
>> resolution - subtitles might be displayed with different sizes.
>> This is exact my case: on some films they are too big, on some other
>> they are to small.
>> For displaying I use asslib, and I'm forcing  ass-font-style.
>> Here is my mplayer config:
>>
>> #-----------------------
>> ao=alsa
>> ac=hwac3,hwdts,a52,
>> lavdopts=fast=yes:skiploopfilter=all
>> slang=pol,eng
>> alang=eng,pol
>> ass=1
>> ass-force-style=FontName=Arial,Default.Bold=1
>> subfont-text-scale=4.5
>> subcp=cp1250
>> vo=xv
>> fs=yes
>> zoom=yes
>> #-------------------------
>>
>> What additionally should be added here for forcing always the same
>> subtitles font size ?
>>
>> thx in advance
>
> Try ass-force-style=FontSize=<value>.
Evgeniy,

Thanx for trying help.

Well - command is recognized by mplayer, but problem still persist.
Changing value changes subs size, but they are still different in
different movies. Setting i.e suitable size for 1280x540 AVC1 movie
causes that DIVX 720x540 movie has subtitles on whole screen...
I see 2 problems:
-subs size depends on movie res (and I want it to be independent)
-different subs styles are still differently presented - so style
overriding not works.