[MPlayer-users] -dumpfile with dvd://- determineoutput filesize?

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Aug 1 18:58:33 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:01:36PM +0100, Phil Rhodes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > thus it seems you thought so.
>
> Well, someone had suggested that was how it worked. It can't possibly be,
> because there's only six sets of VOBs on the disc, and there's thirteen
> chapters!

My previsou answer was too quick indeed.

Try this one:
The information you are looking for is contained in the IFO files of the dvd.
You can peek around to find what you need using the information
described here: http://dvd.sourceforge.net/dvdinfo/ifo.html

or

use ifo_dump together with grep/sed/awk.

    ifo_dump <dvd path> 0 (look at: Title Track search pointer table)
and for each VTS_n_0.IFO
    ifo_dump <dvd path> n (look at: Cell Address table)

With some simple math you can retrive the size of each title.

Giacomo