[MPlayer-users] -dumpfile with dvd:// - determine output filesize?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:43:06 CEST 2007

> mplayer -dumpfile dvd://1 will copy the content of the files
>  VTS_01_1.VOB VTS_01_2.VOB VTS_01_3.VOB .... VTS_01_n.VOB
> just sum the size of such files in order to have a good guess
> of the dumped files size.

You know, either I'm doing something wrong, or that doesn't necessarily
follow.

Title 1 of the DVD of "Behind Enemy Lines" is the main feature. But the only
associated file by that naming convention is VTS_01_1.VOB (and the tiny
VTS_01_0.VOB), and it's only 845MB - obviously not nearly big enough for the
whole film. When I -dumpfile the movie, the resulting file is 4.9GB, which
is about what I'd expect. The only set of VOBs which are anywhere near that
size is VTS_02_*.VOB.

So, do I just need to add one to the title to get the VOB numbering, or is
there something else going on?

Thanks,

Phil