[MPlayer-users] What Have I Done???

CD Baric cdbaric at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 10:48:02 CEST 2007

Thanks for the input.

I have linked the /usr/include/linux directory to
/usr/src/linux-2.6.20.7/include/linux directory.

I have now tried the latest mplayer-checkout-2007-04-28 and configure
completes with no errors. However, make stops with the following
errors:

---
ldt_keeper.c
ldt_keeper.c: In function `Setup_LDT_Keeper':
ldt_keeper.c:194: error: storage size of 'array' isn't known
ldt_keeper.c:226: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to incomplete
type `user_desc'
make[1]: *** [ldt_keeper.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mplayer-checkout-2007-04-28/loader'
make: *** [loader/libloader.a] Error 2
---

Keep in mind that this particular Slackware installation is filled
with additional libraries required for numerous high-end applications
like audacity, rosegarden, dvdstyler, blender etc...

I have moved a successful mplayer-1.0rc1 source installation from my
home machine onto my target machine and done a 'make install' and
everything works great.

I suspect I have borked some library installation and caused the
problem and was hoping somebody could advise  me where to start
looking BUT I do not espect miracles.

I am happy I have a working mplayer and mencoder installation on the
target machine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards,

CD 'Bar' Baric