[MPlayer-users] Any MMS examples?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 19:27:28 CEST 2007

I have written to the list before with my MMS woes. I had been unable
to view MMS streams from my universities server on my Fedora Core 6
laptop. Now, I think that the problem is not with the universities
serve at all: I cannot seem to view MMS from any source, even with the
firewall disabled. I tried this, but as you can see it did not work (I
was unable to view the video):

[dotancohen at localhost ~]$ mplayer rtsp://www.cpsc.gov/costormhq.asf
MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7200  @ 2.00GHz (Family: 6,
Model: 15, Stepping: 6)
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing rtsp://www.cpsc.gov/costormhq.asf.
Resolving www.cpsc.gov for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.cpsc.gov[63.74.109.2]: 554...
STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://www.cpsc.gov/costormhq.asf
Stream not seekable!
 file format detected.
Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid
IP address: 0x0
Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid
IP address: 0x0
Failed to initiate "audio/X-ASF-PF" RTP subsession: RTP payload format
unknown or not supported
Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid
IP address: 0x0
Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid
IP address: 0x0
Failed to initiate "video/X-ASF-PF" RTP subsession: RTP payload format
unknown or not supported

Note that I was able to view that video on the same computer in a
VMWare virtual machine running Windows XP. Googling for MMS streams
led me to info about MMS, but not to actual streams. Can someone point
me to an MMS stream? Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/kazaa.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/71/64/beatles/yellow_submarine.html