[MPlayer-users] cat files

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Wed Apr 25 18:19:37 CEST 2007

Philippe De Neve wrote:
> Yes, I saw that the sampling rates were different and reencoded the
> source files. Now there are the same (as far as I can check with
> ffmpeg).
> I tried the configuration without pipes and the file playedback
> succesfull with correct audio. With pipes I cannot realize this.

You mean something like:

mencoder <options> -o - 1.avi 2.avi | ffmpeg -i - ...

If mencoder uses avi format in this case, it cant work: an avi needs to
be complete before it can be opened for read. You need to re-encode
using something that can be streamed through the pipe, eg DVD-equivalent
(high-bitrate MPEG2 video, say MP3 audio, in an MPG container).

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director