[MPlayer-users] cat files

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Wed Apr 25 17:23:11 CEST 2007

Philippe De Neve wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I tried concatenating files by:
>
> cat berlitz_junior_raw.avi volver_raw.avi | mencoder -noidx   -oac
> copy -ovc  copy -o out.avi -
>
> this results in only the first file being copied to ou.avi. The
> second file volver_raw.avi is not added. Strange.
> Has anybody an idea what could be going wrong?

Simply concatenating avi files that way is not supposed to work. There
may be a way to join 2 avis end-to-end using mencoder, I dunno (its
probably a FAQ). If not, you can use avimerge in transcode.

> Below some output of mencoder and analyze with ffmpeg of both source
> files.

Which shows the audio streams have different sampling rates, which would
be wrong even if cat did work.

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux