[MPlayer-users] seek to frame number?

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Tue Apr 24 19:03:26 CEST 2007

cab broskoski wrote:
> convert a range of frames to jpg's. i see the -ss option and also -edl but
> there is nothing in these about accessing frame numbers. the videos i have
> are mjpeg so the keyframe issue would not be a problem...

You can try using hundredths of a second with seek to get closer to a
particular frame.  Mplayer only reports position to a tenth of a second,
but at least seems ( I could be imagining this though) to try to seek as
close as possible to the time given.  For instance seeking to 1.067
should get you the 32nd frame, assuming 30fps.  I haven't really tested
this thoroughly, but it has seemed to work for me when I did it.

morris