[MPlayer-users] mplayer and aalib

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 19 19:09:32 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 06:45:49PM +0200, Markus Laux wrote:
> >> any ideas?
> >
> > Ah.  How about this:
> > make clean

make distclean can be safer (and makes sure you don't forget running
configure again).

> > ./configure
> > make
> ... has been the solution!
> > If you change config options and then just make without making clean
> > first, sometimes certain pieces of code don't get re-compiled.
> but what i don't understand is why it didn't work after the first
> compilation...

you didn't have the aalib installed right the first time I guess, and
it did not recompile libvo/video_out.c as it should have (probably to be
expected unless you did make depend)...

> anyway, after all and to smoke the calumet:
> can you tell me what "--enable-aa" is for?

For developers doing debugging or porting.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger