[MPlayer-users] mplayer and aalib

Markus Laux markus.laux at arcor.de
Thu Apr 19 18:45:38 CEST 2007

hi

The Wanderer schrieb:
>> that sounds useful to me, too. actually i thought i did what i was
>> asked
>
> Perhaps you did, but we were not able to make clear sense out of what
> was posted. Getting angry about it does no one any good.
what makes me angry the the way somebody is talking to (yelling at) me.
if my english is not good enough to to make my intention clear, shouting
or an army-like tone are not part of a solution either.

> Various random things.
>
> First, related to what 'sofasurfer' said: are there multiple copies of
> MPlayer on your system?
there used to be an old rpm, but its uninstalled.
> The easiest check is to run 'whereis mplayer' and see if there is more
> than one result which is not a directory.
mplayer: /usr/local/bin/mplayer /usr/local/etc/mplayer
/usr/local/lib/mplayer
the last two are directories
> Also, run 'which mplayer' and try to compare the resulting file against
> the copy of MPlayer in the build directory.
/usr/local/bin/mplayer
the executable in this directory an the one in the build directory have
a different size (~400k) and a slightly different time (~1min)
> When you run 'ldd' on the copy of MPlayer in the build directory, does
> the output mention libaa? What about when you run it on the result of
> 'which mplayer'?
/build directory/ldd mplayer
libaa.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libaa.so.1 (0x40348000)

/usr/local/bin/ldd mplayer:
libaa.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libaa.so.1 (0x40348000)

> Does the copy of MPlayer in the build directory output the same thing as
> the installed copy in response to '-vo help'?
prompts the same, no difference between the one posted
> Some of those are redundant with one another, but any of them should
> help take things at least a little further.

for a "--enable-aa" user it looks quite ok ;-)
so i will take joeys "make clean" idea next...
thanks for advice, kr,

markus