[MPlayer-users] Re: Default subtitle font

Thu Apr 19 08:53:52 CEST 2007

Hi José Filipe!

 On 2007.04.19 at 02:22:34 +0000, José Filipe wrote next:

> That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
> I use subfont-autoscale=1 so that the fonts are automatically resized.
> This squeezes and makes the font really small in some widescreen movies.
> Is there any way to define an absolute size?
> subfont-text-scale uses percentage and I want an absolute size for all the
> subtitles.

Why don't you try subfont-autoscale=2 with corresponding text-scale
parameters? It solves the problem with widescreen (I always wondered why
autoscale is 1 by default, 2 seems to be much saner setting).

I'm using

subfont-autoscale = 2
subfont-osd-scale = 5
subfont-text-scale = 4