[MPlayer-users] Graceful failure when listening to a stream

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Wed Apr 18 01:45:45 CEST 2007

> I think we're talking across purposes.  The -dumpstream option is
> intended to dump the raw data from the network to the disk.  Then you
> take a second pass with -ao pcm on the dumped data to convert to wav.
> This doesn't solve the connection issues.  It just moves them away
> from -ao pcm.  :)  It seems that isn't what you want, though.
>
> Sorry,
> --Joey
basically I agree with joey. The only difference is that with dump you
get the original file format (real, asf, used for streaming and mostly
not seekable), after converson you get the file in the format you like
and seekable. But I don't know an option to tell mplayer to use a
timeout and quit or reconnect when the connection is idle or interrupted.
I'm sorry too. Daniele