[MPlayer-users] trying to convert MJPEG

Steve Kleene skmpl at syrano.acb.uc.edu
Tue Apr 17 15:33:23 CEST 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:48:57 +0200, nsabbi at email.it wrote:

> If you don't install anything you won't overwrite the contents of your
> beloved .deb files

Even if I do install something, my "beloved" .deb files are still cached in
/var/cache/apt/archives.

> and, in particular, mplayer and mencoder are built to be runnable from
> the source directory.

Good point.  My reluctance stems from having had to install alsa-1.0.14 from
source, since the soundcard driver in Debian etch didn't work.  Upgrades from
Debian now do battle with my upgrade from source.  But as you (and later
Reimar Doeffinger) have pointed out, I can run mencoder in the source
directory.  Thanks.