[MPlayer-users] [BUG] ae_lavc causes demux_avi to need nobps, demux_lavf works.

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:56:36 CEST 2007

Hello,

Creating any video with -oac lavc, I find that -demuxer avi needs
-nobps to get the sync right.  However, -demuxer lavf works fine.
Therefore, I think the bug is actually in demux_avi.c, not ae_lavc.c
as I thought before.

A sample video (428kb) has been placed at the following URL.
http://nicewarrior.org/~joey/temp.avi

Again:
mplayer -demuxer avi temp.avi (BAD SYNC)
mplayer -demuxer avi temp.avi -nobps (GOOD SYNC)
mplayer -demuxer lavf temp.avi (GOOD SYNC)

--Joey