[MPlayer-users] Headless two-pass encoding

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:54:17 CEST 2007

On 4/17/07, François-Xavier Payet <fx.payet at tfdn.org> wrote:
> Here is the output I get when i try to do :

> ** MUXER_LAVF
> You have certified that your video stream does not contain B frames.
> REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and will
> generate
> INCORRECT files in the presence of B frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
> will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!

Okay, first off, fix this.

> 2pass failed: reading from filename=divx2pass.log
> FATAL: Ne peut initialiser le pilote vidéo.

During encoding, the start of the filter chain is a video decoder and
the end of the filter chain is an encoder.  No display is being
opened.  Forget what it says.

What you should deal with are the B-frame message above and the line
just before FATAL.  It failed to open the 2-pass log file.  Did you
miss that?

--Joey